Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My husband and I are looking to get moneys owed to him by an…

Customer Question
My husband and I...

My husband and I are looking to get moneys owed to him by an employer he left after 22 years of employment.He is owed 3 days vacation pay and 2 personal days.Left to go to another job for better pay.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Mass.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We contacted the Attorney Generals office and they sent a letter to us stating we had a case and should hire an attorney

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/7/2017
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Under MA law, employers are required to pay out all unused accrued vacation/personal leave upon separation of employment. The easiest way for your husband to get what he is owed is to file a wage complaint with the MA Attorney General's Office, which he can do online here. The process is free and does not require you to have an attorney.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup because this question was still open and I have not heard back from you. Was there anything more I can do to assist you? Did you get a chance to review my answer to your question? Please let me know....