Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I made a report to my manager about an uncomfortable meeting…

Customer Question
I made a report to...
I made a report to my manager about an uncomfortable meeting with my supervisor. Shortly after my duties were changed and I was given some duties that I had not been trained on. In processing one of those duties I made a mistake. It was due to lack of training. I was then terminated.
I had brain surgery in 2010 which affected my short term memory. I had been back and forth to the doctor as well as to therapist because of stress on the job from my supervisor. I even sought counseling through the EAP program.
They offered a severance package, which I thought odd because I was fired. Afraid and panicked because of my medical condition and I have children I was pressed for insurance and money. They marked my license so I haven’t been able to find another job. And they are refusing to give me a copy of my employment file
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/7/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
I am sorry this happened. what can I answer for you?
Do I have grounds for wrongful termination? Or termination due to retaliation? Can I get the derogatory statement on my securities license removed?
The conduct is retaliatory and likely violates established policy. You can raise it directly or through counsel.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
How would signing the severance agreement be handled? My doctor said I signed under panic and duress so it would be deemed invalid
Obviously better if you didn’t sign but yes it can be set aside on that basis, just make the claim harder.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Where should I make the claim? Do you have local Texas lawyers
Have a lawyer reach out to negotiate. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”

awaiting your reply, thanks.

if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Infolawyer, Lawyer