Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I work for dentist who has access to the DEA website that

I work for dentist...
I work for dentist who has access to the DEA website that shows all controlled substances prescribed. He looked me and another employee up and shared our prescription information from our medical doctor with the entire office without our knowledge
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Oklahoma
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Part time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
12/7/2017
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

What are your specific questions?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
What legal recourse do we have? Does a dentist have the right to discuss our prescription information with other employees? Everyone knew but us and we only learned it from a coworker this evening and only because she had been drinking and blurted it out

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Questions:

What legal recourse do we have?

Response 1: You need to file complaint against the Dentist with Oklahoma Board of Dentistry. Click here for complaint form (Item 7, complaint process Item #8). You should also file complaint with U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights for HIPAA violation. Click here to file your complaint.

Does a dentist have the right to discuss our prescription information with other employees?

Response 2: Absolutely NOT. What the Dentist did is not only unprofessional, but illegal.

Everyone knew but us and we only learned it from a coworker this evening and only because she had been drinking and blurted it out

Response 3: I am so sorry to read about that.

You may also retain the services of a local Attorney who handles health care law to sue the Dentist for this misconduct.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Consumeradvocates.org

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law