Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Is it illegal in Missouri under unions and St. Louis city…

Customer Question
Is it illegal in Missouri...
Is it illegal in Missouri under unions and St. Louis city laws, to have a group of fellow workers review and recommend disciplinary actions against another employee, those other members not being of management.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Haven’t received an answer yet
12/7/2017
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

Response: No, it is not. However, and generally only people in management discipline workers. The Unions and the City can set up different arrangement for disciplinary actions so long as this arrangement is not based on any prohibited grounds such as race, gender, age (40 and over), national origin, religion, or the like.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.