Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am a commissioned sales person and I have about $543,000…

Customer Question
I am a commissioned...

I am a commissioned sales person and I have about $543,000 in orders to start shipping in Jan-June 2018, at 10% my employer just let me go to avoid paying those commissions as the orders ship.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ok

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have a agreement to the paying of 10% against shipments

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/6/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
On review of your facts, you have a good case.Employer is liable and is acting in bad faith. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.