Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I caught scabies from my job can I sue them, Florida, Agency…

Customer Question
I caught scabies from...

I caught scabies from my job can I sue them

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Agency referred

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Loss of employment due to highly contagious illness scabies

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/6/2017
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for your question. No, unfortunately, you cannot sue your employer, since worker's compensation is the sole remedy under the law. In other words, if a worker is either injured or develops an illness caused directly by their employment, the law restricts their recourse to a worker's compensation claim.

You would need to file a WC claim with the employer to pursue medical care/compensation and any other compensation. If the employer refuses your claim, then you will want to look for a local WC attorney to assist you.

Please feel free to ask for clarification. If none is needed, then if you could reply to this answer by letting me know that I covered your question, then the Site will give me credit for assisting you. Thank you.

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 6th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me, even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.