Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I'm being slandered by an African American man on my job and…

Customer Question
I'm being slandered by...

I'm being slandered by an African American man on my job and through Yelp that has effected my work place. I am a white male of 70 years old.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

We are in California

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

This person does not work at this company

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This man has gone as far as to say that I'm a member of the KKK, we work at Privet Resort, and statements on Yelp will hut this company.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/6/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
On review of your facts, you have a good case.You can complain to HR. You can also pursue a civil claim for slander.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
what did I pay for the first time
I replied above. if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”