Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have filed a complaint with EEOC against my previous

Customer Question
I have filed a...

I have filed a complaint with EEOC against my previous employer for Age Discrimination. I still have not been able to find a lawyer to handle my case but know timing is critical. What happens if I do not find an attorney.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arkansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time for over 22 years

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Employer tried to say position was eliminated but Unemployment Disallowed that.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/6/2017
Employment Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 4 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. If you are coming up against a filing deadline pursuant to statute of limitations, you have the option of filing a bare bones lawsuit yourself. That will give you time to find an attorney to "come on board" after the filing which meets the deadline.

Let me know if you need a sample complaint for federal or state court.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Ely, Counselor at Law