Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work part time for a company. I have done 31 hours last…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I work...

Second opinion] I work part time for a company. I have done 31 hours last month and I am not getting paid for the hours I worked. What are my rights?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Kentucky

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I don't think we signed an agreement. I only filled out a W9 form with them

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They said that was all that was needed

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 day by:
12/8/2017
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

If you were given W-9, then you are not an employee. You are an Independent Contractor. If you have not been paid, then you need to file lawsuit against the company at your local Courthouse to get paid.

If you are claiming that you are an employee instead of an Independent Contractor, then you need to file wage claim with Kentucky Department of Labor. Click here for complaint forms.

Goodluck with your claim,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.