Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My supervisor is belittling me in front of other ccoworkers…

Customer Question
My supervisor is belittling...

My supervisor is belittling me in front of other ccoworkers in pointing his finger in my face,

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Maryland Baltimore

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I work thur a temp service

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/6/2017
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for your post, can you please tell me what your legal question is and also tell me why you believe that you are being targeted instead of a different employee?

Question is what can I do about it,and not lose my job,I reported him before in stop,but now he retaliation against me

Thank you for your reply, although I don't see where you answered my question about why you, versus someone else, are being targeted for this belittling behavior. That is key here because unless you are being targeted because of your race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, race, age (over 40), disability, pregnancy or military service, the behavior, although clearly unprofessional, would not be considered unlawful. Even if you are being targeted for one of the reasons I mentioned, in order to have a cause of action or a claim to file with the EEOC or State human rights division, the behavior must be "severe and pervasive." It does sound like it might be pervasive, but I can't say that it would meet the "severe" standard, which is very high. I though, am not the arbiter of whether or not you have a substantiated case. I can only explain the law and tell you what your options are.

First, if you believe you are being targeted for one of the reasons I mentioned, you must file a complaint with HR/EO. If you have already done that, or there is no change in behavior, then you can file a complaint with your State and the EEOC. You might also want to sit down with a local employment law attorney with whom you can discuss all of the minute details and who can form an attorney-client relationship with you, to decide on your next steps after filing your complaints.

Please feel free to ask for clarification. If none is needed, then if you can reply to this answer and let me know that I covered your question, the Site will give me credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Marsha411JD, Lawyer