Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was sexually harassed at work and my company is still

Customer Question
I was sexually harassed...

I was sexually harassed at work and my company is still allowing him to work

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

It varies between full and part time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It was physical not just verbal

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/6/2017
Employment Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Can you tell me what is your question regarding this?

We still work together and i need to know if there is legal action I can take against the company for allowing him to still work

You can report this to the EEOC (equal employment opportunity commission) or to the Arizona Civil Rights Division (CRD). Reporting this will cause the agencies to investigate this matter. Sexual harassment is a violation of both state and federal law.

You can also sue the employer, for this harassment, however, before you can file suit, you must first make are report to either CRD or EEOC.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Lawyer