Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work for a supported living agency. I was promised (in…

Customer Question
I work for a...

I work for a supported living agency. I was promised (in writing) an additional $1.00 an hour for HBH (high behavior household) which I work in. This was in March of 2017. All I ever get is excuses and $0.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

TN

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At Will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/6/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Failure to pay an agreed increase is a wage violation.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
thank you.
Very welcome.
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!