Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

What is the minimum wage in Maryland? The paycheck shows…

Customer Question
What is the minimum...

What is the minimum wage in Maryland?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

The paycheck shows regular 80 hours for 2 weeks with an overtime of 10 plus hours. The paycheck is the same each week -

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

This is in Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is it possible to get paid for the overtime hours?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/6/2017
Employment Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

Maryland's minimum wage law requires is at $8.75 per hour currently. Under Maryland's overtime law, employers must pay employees one and a half times their regular rate for hours worked in excess of 40 in a workweek. See MD Code Sec. 3-415. This is not an option, it is law. The payment for overtime must be 1 1/2 times regular pay.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Ely, Counselor at Law