Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am on unemployment insurance in california. Can my prior…

Customer Question
I am on unemployment...

I am on unemployment insurance in california. Can my prior employer ever see my job search forms I sent to the Government?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I was on full time.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thats about it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/5/2017
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

No, they would not have access to this information. The only hypothetical situation I can image in which this information might be divulged is if your employer had some legitimate basis for suing you, such as an alleged violation of a non-compete agreement, and your job applications were relevant to that lawsuit. For instance, in the example I just gave, perhaps the job applications could be used to prove that you were applying for jobs with competitors. In this instance, the applications and information you submit to the EDD would be potentially discoverable via subpoena. But aside from this highly specific circumstance, I am not aware of a situation in which the previous employer would ever be able to find out where their former employee is applying for jobs.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.

Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer