Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I wanted to know what do i do when i have been sexually

Customer Question
Hello my name is...

Hello my name is ***** ***** i wanted to know what do i do when i have been sexually involved with a supervisor at my job and now he is telling everyone. Coworkers are coming up to me asking if me and him were ever involved. I started aiming to work feeling like everyone was talking about me and i was embarrassed. I left the shift i was on with him and i loved to another shift. I thought that would be better for me but things just got worse. My close friends at the job found out and lost respect for me. I no longer felt safe at my job so i recently terminated my employment

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Now that i am at my new job i am still receiving messages from my previous employer about my sexual relationship with the supervisor

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/5/2017
Employment Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Ok thanks
I’ll just speak to you on here for now.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You appear to have a clear Sexual harassment claim that you can pursue. The first step is to file a Sexula Harassment Compalint with the Pa Human Relations Commission. It does not matter that you are no longer working there. Also if you had to leave because of this harassment then you may be entitled to damages if you are earning less in the current position. Here is the link to the Human Relations Commission:

http://www.phrc.pa.gov/File-A-Complaint/Pages/default.aspx

It costs you nothing to file the complaint.

You may also want to contact an employment discrimination attorney. BUT the first step is still to file the complaint.

You can find a discrimination attorney here:

http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/practicestate/discrimination/pennsylvania

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Please disregard the phone call requests. They are generated by the system not me. If you want a call let me know and I can arrange it for you.

Thank you.

i would to speak with you!

Okay. Let me arrange it. You will see an offer in a minute click accept and enter your number where indicated.

Did you see the Offer for a phone call come up?

but i am currently at work. Is there a way that you can call me at 5pm?

YES. Click the accept button and enter the number where indicated. I will call that number at 5 pm.

I will also be able to enter a number where you can call me once you click the accept button.

I don’t want to pay $59 to speak with anyone

okay. that is perfectly fine. I can offer you discount if you would like.

I want you to be happy with the service. I am ofering you a deep discount. It is an

OPTIONAL offer to you for a premium service phone call so that we can discuss your concerns more easily. It is purely optional and I do not want you to spend extra money if it is not necessary. We can continue to post at no additional charge.

Otherwise if you satisfied with the information please do not forget to rate me – click the five stars. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Hello

Hello:

I am still available for follow up questions posted here at no additional charge. I understand that you may not want to do a phone call. That is fine.

I am on and offline a lot. So if I do not respond immediately I will when I can.

Thank you for your continued patience.