Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

If I pay have of my health care premiums and I get paid

Customer Question
Hello, my name is...

Hello, my name is ***** ***** if I pay have of my health care premiums and I get paid bi-weekly, and they take out my share of the premium in 2 pay cylces that meand I have met my share of the premium. But when there is a 3 pay cycle twice a year, the employer should no deduct again for the premium if I already paid in the first 2 pays correct?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time and we share half the costs monthly

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No i just needed to know that

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law

Hello, my name is ***** ***** if I pay have of my health care premiums and I get paid bi-weekly, and they take out my share of the premium in 2 pay cylces that meand I have met my share of the premium. But when there is a 3 pay cycle twice a year, the employer should no deduct again for the premiumif I already paid in the first 2 pays correct?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No i just needed to know that

12/5/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

What you need to figure out from your employer is whether your insurance premium is broken into 24 payment or some companies break it down into 26 payments. If the insurance annual premium is based on 24 payments, then the employer should not be removing the payment on the extra paycheck in the month and if they do you need to contact HR and seek credit for the payment they deducted or refund of those extra payments, as the employer is not allowed to keep the extra payments on the 3rd check for those types of deductions.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney