Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My daughter has been repeatedly denied her unemployment

Customer Question
My daughter has been...

My daughter has been repeatedly denied her unemployment benefits. She already did 3 appeals and still being denied.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

She was laid off doe full time employment. Her former employer does not have issue with grsnting her the benefitd, she was encourage to apply. The issue the is the ESD and OAH.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It was first denied becuase due to not completing her academic status. She was told that she is not interested in looking for employment because she is full time academic. She appealed that decision. She was granted appeal but missed it due to technical isses with the employment line. She eas granted another appeal that should last one hour, it lasted 10 mintues and her appeal was remanded. She did another appeal and she just got mail today denying it stating she did give enough proof ofnher reason for missing the hearing. That money would help her with her tuition as she is only working part time. I am making $1.00 more than mimimum wage and I cannot afford to hire lawyer.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/5/2017
Employment Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 4 months ago
Edward Young

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

In what city and state do you live?

Employment Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 4 months ago

I will be on this matter until we get an answer. It is 12:08 am where I am In Texas. I will contact you tomorrow. Do not worry, God willing, we will figure something out.​

I am from another state. Hiw can you help me if you are in Texas.
I think thos is a scam .
Don’t contact me again.
Employment Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 4 months ago

This is not a scam. I am a licensed lawyer. I have helped many people even though I do not practice in their state. The purpose I serve is to focus the issues and refer you to a highly rated lawyer who can help you at little or no charge. I am a graduate of Harvard Law Scool, clerked for a federal judge, and I have been practicing law for 37 years. Just give me a chance.

Tina, Lawyer