Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I just learned I was denied unemployment benefits due to RCW…

Good Evening my name...

Good Evening my name is ***** ***** I just learned I was denied unemployment benefits due to RCW 50.20.050 WAC 192-150-110 and WAC 192-150-085.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

No I'm trying to find out what these codes mean

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I left my job to be with my fiancé whom accepted a position 120 miles from my place of employment. He is 64 years of age I will be 62 in Feb and we are getting married this Thursday. The commute is approximately 2hours and 15 min one way

12/5/2017
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Your unemployment benefit application was denied because you left voluntarily. That's what RCW 50.20.050 is referencing. WAC 192-150-110 is giving you examples of how you can qualify for benefits if you leave your work because of a spouse's relocation. WAC 192-150-085 tells you how to qualify for benefits after you have been denied benefits. I have hyperlinked these Sections of the law so that you can click on the links to get more information.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
I was very disappointed in this service. The information I received was nothing more than I already knew. I wanted to know if I was denied without cause. I would like a refund and will never use this service again. It appears to be a scam to get your money

I respectfully disagree. You question was specifically answered.

Here is your question again to refresh your memory:

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

Here is my response:

Your unemployment benefit application was denied because you left voluntarily. That's what RCW 50.20.050 is referencing. WAC 192-150-110 is giving you examples of how you can qualify for benefits if you leave your work because of a spouse's relocation. WAC 192-150-085 tells you how to qualify for benefits after you have been denied benefits. I have hyperlinked these Sections of the law so that you can click on the links to get more information. Best wishes,

In any event, you can contact customer service to request for a refund.

Best wishes,