Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My 78 year old mother went to an urgent care facility for…

Customer Question
My 78 year old...

My 78 year old mother went to an urgent care facility for treatment. She does not have a primary care physician. Urgent care is refusing to complete FMLA paperwork which may cause her to lose her job and her insurance not pay the claim. What can we do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

It's Walmart so I'm sure it's at will. She is part-time

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/5/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Having a lawyer speak to facility admin or a relative doing so can be effective. They won’t want to risk an attorney general or legal action complaint.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
I am an HR Manager and I have talked with them. They are still not wanting to complete the forms; stating her primary care physician needs to complete them. that’s ridiculous. The urgent care doctor wrote her an excuse but can’t complete paperwork? Ridiculous
Did you speak to their admin or legal department?
Administrative office. I was told the Center manager would see what they could do and have the FMLA papers faxed there