Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was wrongfully terminated with wages withheld after many

Customer Question
years of workplace harassment, discrimination...
I was wrongfully terminated with wages withheld after many years of workplace harassment, discrimination and bullying. I live in NY, what are my legal rights?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NY
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I was a contracted full time associate dentist
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They terminated me after a 11.5 hour day of treating patients and immediately after the highest producing month of the year. I am compensated on collections and I receive collections after 4-6 weeks of patient treatment.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
12/5/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
On review of your facts, you have a good case. You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available. A claim is viable under state and federal fair labor standards act and any contract you may have signed.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I already have a lawyer. Where can I find articles to support my case?
Articles?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Previous lawsuits.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What state and federal labor law can I site?
A court will focus on your facts, not prior disputes. You can cite to the fair labor standards act aka FLSA. You want to organize your evidence to show the disparate treatment and unpaid wages which may subject them to penalties and legal fees as well.
Good luck!!
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
Tina, Lawyer