Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I just started this new job, and I am being outcast due to…

Customer Question
I just started this...

I just started this new job, and I am being outcast due to other employees only speaking Spanish. I am white have all necessary qualifications, however when we have to do something I am being left out. is that discrimination. I have talked to supervision, but it got worse when he did that, now they ignore me

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time no union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that it is affecting me personally, i have been in work places since i was 17yrs I'm now 62 and now i feel humiliated with the situation

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/4/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You should complain to HR. You may also have a lawyer do so. HR should take steps to avoid a hostile environment.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
it was acceptable. i have text messages of my complaints to my supervisor, and even plant manager. thanks i will continue to gather information
Very welcome.
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!
Infolawyer, Lawyer