Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My primary care physician has dismissed all of my problems.

Customer Question
My primary care physician...

My primary care physician has dismissed all of my problems. I now have been diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis. I told him I was short of breath and he stated that I was not breathing right. That was 6 months and I ended up in an ER and admitted due to Hypoxia. They feel I have pulmonary fibrosis. I was told I probably had this for at least a year or two. I feel my ex primary care physician never listened and has cut two years off of my life. Do I have a case?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Tucson Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet. I only got out of the hospital on Nov 13th

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, I told him I was not feeling good, He did nothing. I have chronic pain due to my lower back and he put me on Methodone. I told him in Jan 2017 that I was having heart arrthymia's and he said it was not a proble. I stated taking myself off of Methodone. I was my cadriologist who did a holter monitor. It showed a fairly long run of Ventricular Thacacardia. Once off the drug, that stopped. They now say I have an enlarged heart and may be in right heart failure due to my lung issue. This same Dr told me when my thoracic spine started hurting that there were no discs in the thoracic spine. There are 12. My thryroid went off the charts and I fired him

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/4/2017
Employment Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

You may call me at(###) ###-####or chat on line.

I am sorry to hear of your health problems, but I have information you will find helpful.

Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional breaches the standard of care owed to their patient. Delayed or misdiagnosis is a common source of malpractice claims.

Ultimately, you will need to find another doctor to review the records and say that your case was mishandled and that the suffered damages occurred as a result of the malpractice. In other words, there can be malpractice, but if it would not have made a difference because, for example, there is not a treatment for the condition, or if treatment would not have helped, then there is not really a viable claim.

So, the first step is to retain an attorney who does med mal claims. They will collect the medical records and retain an expert to review them to determine if there is a malpractice claim to move forward on.

Med mal is typically done on contingency fee. So, you will not have to pay anything upfront if you retain someone.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!