Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was working my 40hr a week job in St. Augustine, Fl. Been…

Customer Question
Hi...My name is***** was...

Hi...My name is***** was working my 40hr a week job in St. Augustine, Fl. Been there appx.15 months & I became seriously ill, was hospitalized and spent16 days in the hospital...totaling $159,689.95..of which $1,475.00 is my responsibility..Upon discharge i underwent Nursing & PT care until October 27th..I got a Dr. letter saying I was cleared to return to my job Nov. 1st . I had stayed in touch with my boss & coworkers and was looking forward to returning to work. When I showed up it turns out that they gave my job to someone else without even informing me. At this point I was 2months behind in US Bank Mortgage payments...but I could have caught up if I was back to MY JOB! I was NEVER late or missed a day of work until I got sick. Things are snowballing I've been job hunting to no avail..I am 72..& ready to work..but this has made things impossible. My SS. Benefit is only $857.90 per month. Out of that comes my car payment, food, utilities, cell phone,.etc. & I cannot even begin to pay on my hospital bill. Can you help me or direct me to someone in my city who can assist me. I feel I've been unfairly treated & discriminated against. Sheila Sheppard

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Saint Augustine, Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time...I put everything in my above note.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Its all in the above explanation..at the beginning.Have her/him read that.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/4/2017
Employment Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

I read your facts. Is there a specific question with which I can assist?