Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Can an employer give you a write up if you contact them

Customer Question
Can an employer give...

Can an employer give you a write up if you contact them before your shift starts and say you are running late and they tell you not to come in. Then upon returning to work you get a write up for no call no show

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Part time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thats it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/4/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

The employer can do so even though the employee acted reasonably if the employee has failed to arrive timely. In an employment at will, the employer has such broad discretion, even if it is not fair.

If my reply is fast and acceptable, please reply "yes"

awaiting your reply, thanks.

if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.