Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I need an attorney who knows school law. I had a Principal…

Customer Question
I need an attorney...

I need an attorney who knows school law. I had a Principal slander me when I was working as a contract psychologist. He lied to my employer to justify my termination.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will but I still think he can not lie about me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I really want to go through the process of filing a complaint on with the credentialing board for dishonesty and sue for slander. My credentials and history is impeccable.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/4/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a CA licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Okay. Where are you located?
No. I want my $5 answer. Will you help with this problem?
Do you know school employment law?
Hello. Did I lose you?

Hi, yes, I used to represent school districts up until last year. So, beofre we continue, I want to clear something up: the total charge is approximately $47 with an option to purchase a $59 phone call to speak with me directly. The $5 is just the deposit to have your question be posted on the site. So, the minimum is $47, but the maximum is a little over $100 if you accept a live phone call. Before I continue, are you okay with these charges?

I need someone in the Orange County or Riverside County area
I am sorry to see you only have two stars

I'm sorry that you're seeing that. I'm a licensed attorney in California so I can help you with some specific questions regarding California law. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so what you're seeing is a glitch in the system that I can't explain, unfortunately. I used to represent public schools in California and have represented employees in private practice as well. Could you help me understand what specific questions you had about your situation?