Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I live in san Francisco ca. I was hired in may since hired…

Customer Question
I live in san...

I live in san Francisco ca. I was hired in may since hired my spousebecame very abusive and it has only escalated throughout the past months. I have informed my supervisor from the very start now onto my question I missed work September 4. I was unable to call in due to dv. I provided a [police report to hr they told me that the document was too personal and informed me that not caling would reslt in temrination then I came across the july 2017 ca law that went into effect july 2017. since one of the incidents occurred at work post separation as well as a coworker providing my work schedule I requested a reasonabl accommodation totransfer sites. I was denied on the spot and told shit happens

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I was requesting leave under vavwa i orvided every protective order issued from july to now as well as letters frolm the district attorney stating my 2 year old and i were victims of violent crimes san Francisco, california i as told via eail if i want time off for vawa i mmust provide documentation of my activities for everyday i want off. because realistically being that my work hours are 12am-8am any appointments including court do not occur during work so it doesn't apply to me

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Union atwill and part time nonexempt

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/4/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.