Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My partner was wrongfully terminated today. Can she picket…

Customer Question
My partner was wrongfully...

My partner was wrongfully terminated today. Can she picket out in front of the work site legally.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time and Louisiana is a fire at will state

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Don't know what to do anymore.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/4/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thank you so much for your patience and I apologize for the long delay. Generally, your partner can picket outside the worksite legally. Usually, to avoid trespassing, most people will picket on the sidwealk. The US Constitution generally allows this kind of protest on the sidewalk. Accordingly, your partner should consider whether there are any laws that limit the time, place, or manner that they can picket so she can make sure that she's not going to be arrested. In addition, your partner may want to consider getting a permit if that is required as well.

What other questions did you have for me today?