Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have had to be hospitalized on two different occasions in…

Customer Question
I have had to...

I have had to be hospitalized on two different occasions in November . I had to have my gallbladder removed and was off work under Doctors orders . When I returned I was there about a week and had my prescriptions confused and ended up in the hospital again. When I returned to the HR office with my Drs release my company would not except it. They gave me another 4 page of requirements for my Dr to sign off on and when I returned to the HR office they did not want to put me back to work without the Management have a conference call to decide where they might place me. This placement should have been done prior to me getting all the papers signed. I was told at the time that the 2nd set of papers given to me , that I had a job. I feel that I am being discriminated against. I have worked there for 16 yrs. I have fibromyalgia , rheumatoid arthritis , and have had to go to pain clinics for 4 years to bear the pain that I am in. I had an occasion that the pain meds knocked me out had that was why I had to go to the hospital the second time. I took of work earlier in the year on FMLA because the management said I needed rest. Now they are throwing that up to me that I had too much time off. I need help , please.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will ? I have a full time job with benefits

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If they don't put me back to work , my husband must sign up for medicare and he only has until the 7th of Dec.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/4/2017
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I am very sorry to hear this. At this stage, I suggest writing a complaint to HR outlining what you just described. This provides a written record that they had notice of your potential claim. They do seem to be on the verge of violating FMLA. At this point however, you need to work to resolve it internally prior to involving the EEOC or lawyers.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer