Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My employer keeps deducting my money for my AFLAC policies…

Customer Question
My employer keeps deducting my...
My employer keeps deducting my money for my AFLAC policies weekly but is not keeping up with the monthly payments. I found this out when I spoke to AFLAC about changing my billing to my own bank as I haven't been at work for over two weeks and not getting paid from them just from workers comp. As my deductions don't come out of Worker's Comp. I wanted to make sure it's paid and found out my policy hasn't been cancelled yet but is only paid up till 07/01/2017.
I have got my account set up now as my payment but want to know who to call about my employers taking my money and not paying my premiums.
I am in Wisconsin and not sure if this is a call to NLRB, State Workforce Commission, District Attorney or all of the above.
Am I way off base on this? This is the second time this has happened now and she promised last time was just a mistake now I feel she looked and put my family in jeopardy.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 day by:
12/5/2017
Employment Lawyer: RESPONDER9, Employment Lawyer replied 7 months ago
RESPONDER9
RESPONDER9, Employment Lawyer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com. I will attempt to answer your question. So sorry this has occurred. In this cases, since the employer has apparently kept your money that shoud have been paid to AFLAC, you have several options. The most economical option is to start with filing a complaint with the Department of Workforce Development Equal Rights Division, which is at no cost. Complete the form and the matter may result in an investigation and eventual reimbursement to you. https://dwd.wisconsin.gov/dwd/forms/erd/pdf/ls_119.pdf
I hope this helps to resolve this problem, and ask that you accept my response and rate me well.