Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Applied 4 employment with lyft denied on bogus claiming my…

Customer Question
Applied 4 employment with...

Applied 4 employment with lyft denied on bogus claiming my dr lic expired which i am existing driver for Uber as we speak also refused to contact me even after uploading all current document needed including my DR LIC?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

I have emailed them a warning for not comlying with federal reg of fasir employment act

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

1099

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Connect plz

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/4/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Lyft has a right to decide who to hire and fire at will. So, legally you are an independent contractor and as long as they are not discriminating based only on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin, they can refuse to hire you for any other reason or for no reason at all.

You warned them about not complying with the Fair Employment Act, but you would not be an employee, you would be an independent contractor. So, what you need to do is contact them and explain your license is not expired and they made a mistake without threatening them about laws that would not particularly apply to your situation as Lyft drivers are not employees but independent contractors (meaning they work when they want unsupervised on their own).

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.