Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I drew my last two weeks of U.I. benefits after returning to

Customer Question
Hello JA: Hi. How can I...
Hello
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I drew my last two weeks of U.I. benefits after returning to work. I'm 70, and still have to work. My S.S. is 940$ a month and it's gone the second it hits the bank.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Out of desperation, I needed all the money I could get to get my vehicle on the road so I could go back to work in the spring.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I needed the money
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Maine
Submitted: 8 days ago.Category: Employment Law
12/4/2017
Employment Lawyer: John, Employment Lawyer replied 8 days ago
John, Employment Lawyer

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. Please note that the website may ask you if you desire premium services, such as a phone call. I do not control these prompts, and you are not under any obligation to order premium services to get a full answer from me. If you do desire premium services, however, feel free to select that option. I will have an answer for you shortly, unless I require additional information. Please be patient while I may have to research some matters before providing a response. In the meantime you should save the url link or bookmark this webpage in case you become disconnected and need to return to this page at a later time.

What was your unemployment benefit amount per week and how much did you earn in each of those two weeks?

John, Employment Lawyer