Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

If you are having a meeting for a settlement can you ask

Customer Question
afterwards for your job...
if you are having a meeting for a settlement can you ask afterwards for your job back from the judge
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: west virginia
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: FULL TIME WITH A SCHOOL SYSTER TEACHER GOING TO LAWYER TOMORROW ABOUT SETTLMENT CAN I ASK AT THEM TIME FOR MY FMLA JOB BACK
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a lawyer so could this opinion be private to meet in law office with employees lawyers about settlement do I have yo accept settlement with no chance of getting my job back. I want my lawyers to be paid first and afraid if I don[t accept settlement will the judge rule along on fmla
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: I feel their could be pressure to accept settlement but I want my job back was there 11 years I want money and fmla Do I have to accept one or the other.
Submitted: 8 days ago.Category: Employment Law
12/4/2017
Employment Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 8 days ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Receiving your job back could be an agreed-upon term to the settlement. A Judge can not force someone to re-hire you and offer you your old job back. A Judge can hear and rule on the case and determine who is at fault and if there is any liability but a Judge can not necessarily force an employer to allow you to work for them. You and your attorney can try and have this agreed upon but once you settle and resolve this, it is hard to come back after the fact and try and get them to agree to anything else If it is settled, it should not be ruled upon by the Judge, so you need to decide if you want to accept their offer and terms and if this can be agreed to or go through the legal process, for relief.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Tina, Lawyer