Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Don't know if I am discriminated against with promotions.

Customer Question
Don't know if I...

Don't know if I am discriminated against with promotions. But I notice over the past couple years that everyone that is promoted are younger than me. some are half my age and others maybe a couple years but they are all younger than me

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Well my unit is in Alexandria, Virginia but the promotions are done in Kentucky

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I don't have the answer to that. I am relating to the military reserve of which I took an oath to serve

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/4/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Are you over 40? I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Ok I'm at work and won't be home until late. Yes I'm 59 years old.
The eeoc is a federal agency charged with reviewing discrimination complaints. www.eeoc.gov is its site and you can pursue a complaint using it.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
thank you
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!
Infolawyer, Lawyer