Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

As a child I was molested but went to counseling and moved…

Customer Question
As a child I...

As a child I was molested but went to counseling and moved on yrs ago. but now the hospital I go to released that information to WSI then WSI released that information to my former employer. I was only 5-6 yrs old when it happened and that was 45 yrs ago. I have a back injury that's 22 yrs old and the hospital said that WSI has access to that info even though it has nothing to do with my back? I'm completely stunned and humiliated and embarrassed by the thought that a group of men who were not on the board 22 yrs ago at my place of employment now have that information and I don't even know who they are. I'm so hurt by this and I've been told by my family doctor that my HIppaa laws were violated?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

North dakota

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No because WSI said I have to go through them and that I would have to sign a release to give all my information to the Gov of ND and I refuse to do that

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Plus I don't know where to begin

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 6 days by:
12/10/2017
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

You need to file complaint against the hospital for HIPAA violation.

Click here to file your complaint with U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights. This was an egregious violation of your privacy.

You may also retain the services of a local Attorney who handles health care law to file lawsuit against the hospital.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Consumeradvocates.org

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.