Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

An employer is not paying an employee due to mistake of the

supervisor not turning in the...
An employer is not paying an employee due to mistake of the supervisor not turning in the time. The employer pays once a month this would make the employee be 2 months before receiving compensation. Is this legal?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: VA
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Part time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that the wage 8 91. Single parent and only source of income
12/3/2017
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Not legal. Employer is required to pay timely and needs to address issue with supervisor to ensure payment is made without delay as that is a violation of the labor law.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Customer reply replied 11 days ago
That is acceptable
Thank you!
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Infolawyer, Lawyer