Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was terminated from a company under unusual circumstances.

Customer Question
I was terminated from...

I was terminated from a company under unusual circumstances. I as an employee with over 15 years was in my opinion being bullied by my supervisor and two others over him in the chain of command. After a heated

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Norfolk Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was technically off duty when called into the office as my supervisor pretended cordiality I entered the room where his boss and "the big boss" were waiting. After the conversation I left the premises. The next morning my employee entry badge was taken by security when I arrived. The matter was taken into consideration by the unemployment commission and I was deemed elligible. .

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/3/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
On review of your facts, you have a good case for retaliation and wrongful termination.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement! You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Awaiting your reply, thank you!
The case for retaliation and wrongful termination may have reached the time limited by statute. The wrongful termination ocurred in febuary 2016. After being terminated I took the matter to civil court in Norfolk Virginia. I filed a law suit for my unpaid vacation pay. I did not have a Lawyer as my funds were very limited. The Judge found in favor of CocaCola and denied the pay. I then appealed the matter and have a court date on Jan. 5th 2018.I have over $4,000.00 of vacation time on the books for I was not paid. I would like to get this pay and any additional consideration for my inconveniences, trial and tribulation. At the time I was wrongfully terminated the CocaCola Refreshment Co. of Norfolk had been recently acquired by "CocaCola Consolidated in North Carolina. There was considerable time taken in locating the new corporation and its address in north Carolina.My need to find new employment and care for my disabled wife took precedence. CocaCola Consolidated of North Carolina guided me in filing suit against the company in Norfolk. At the time of the appeal the lawyer representing CocaCola cordially indicated that I should get a lawyer.
The "indication" was that I had a good case. What is the likelihood that I can get you to help me with this case in Norfolk?
We cannot represent customers. Also if the issue was not raised in earlier proceedings but could have been it likely is barred at this point. A local lawyer may attempt to negotiate out of court.
I need action on my vacation pay and possibly a settlement of $37,000.00 for the wrongful termination and its consequences to me and my family. Can you help and guide me with this?
You would need to hire local counsel to pursue it. Have a breakdown of the balance owing. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Good luck!
I am not happy with this response so far . Have you a list of employment attorneys available in the Norfolk area? I am at wits end with this.
How can an individual get representation without the exorbitant fees I am faced with ? Is there a public defender in the Norfolk area. Help me here!! I have a disabled wife and a low income job and little funds to pay. I am reaching out to you.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed........I cannot call
Thank you . Please refund my $41.00....Signed : M. Tilfer
martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.
Tina, Lawyer