Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I feel that I have been wrongly terminated and am going

Customer Question
I feel that I...

I feel that I have been wrongly terminated and am going through the grievance process. The union rep explained that a lawyer would not take the case until we have gone through that process that can take 6-8 months. I am wondering if I could speak with a lawyer to see if I have a good case and at what point I can bring him or her in.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

If I understand the question correctly, having union representation, we must follow a process, and the contract covers us from "at will" behavior. And I am full time RN at a hospital.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I would just like to explain the circumstances to them

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/3/2017
Employment Lawyer: JustAnswer, Arbitrator replied 7 months ago
JustAnswer
JustAnswer, Arbitrator
Thanks for posting your question. We're matching you to the right Expert, who will call you at the number you provided. Please leave any new details below.
Employment Lawyer: PaulmoJD, Attorney At Law replied 7 months ago
PaulmoJD
PaulmoJD, Attorney At Law
Phone call session started