Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I worked for a company and broke my wrist. Needless to say…

Customer Question
I worked for a...

I worked for a company and broke my wrist. Needless to say they were unhappy since I could not fulfill my job requirements. I was to be on light duty no lifting.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

The problem is now. They did not have my punch set up. I complained and complained. It's Nj. They fixed my shift differential but not my Sunday time and a half.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

They say they have to look at video to see if I was there.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They have fired me saying I was sleeping in the job. I wrote up 2 girls and they are on their final not. They claim I was sleeping foe 40 minutes. I said you have a snap shot of not even a second. I want to see the video.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/3/2017
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 4 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

I responded again and they want to charge me the $5 all over again.
I have no job. I cannot afford your $59 fee.
The problem is I did my job. They said I was sleeping. Of o have the keys to the entire building why would I do it where there are Windows and lots of traffic outside the office? I know I was not sleeping. Maybe they photo shopped it? How can you help me with This? Also, I did not have access to the punch clock. So they are refusing to pay me my Sunday time and a half pay. Who do I speak to about That? Labor law?
The employee claims I was sleeping for 40 minutes. So, she wasn't doing her job, and then there is no cell phone usage and the took a still of me dis they get written up?

I am not sure why you are being charged again. There is only one charge per an answer. I have not provided an answer. I merely requested for additional information.

As for the phone call fee, kindly disregard it. I did not make the phone call offer. It was made automatically by the site. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

Kindly let me know when you have finished posting so that I can start the review of your posts. I cannot review your post when there is ongoing post.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I'm done. Thank you for your patients.

Thank you for your cooperation.

You need to file complaint with New Jersey Department of Labor for wage claim.

As for your termination, as an employee at will you can be terminated for any reason or for no reason at all so long as the termination is not on prohibited grounds of race, age (40 and over), gender, disability or the like. If you are claiming that you are terminated because of your on-the -job injury, you should file complaint with New Jersey Department of Labor, Worker's Compensation Unit.

Goodluck with your case,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I was charged $5, then an addition what $35. Not worth it.

Whatever you were charged, I have not received a dime for responding to your post. Attorneys on the site get paid from positive ratings. If you do not rate the posts, the Attorneys get nothing.

Best wishes,

It was already taken out of my account.

You need to direct your issue to customer service.

I have not been paid anything for my answer. The site has 100% of your deposit.

Best wishes,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law