Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Can my employer terminate me if I decide to have the lawyer…

Customer Question
Hello, can my employer...

Hello, can my employer terminate me if I decide to have the lawyer represented me on the case?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am not sure since this is the first time happening

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/3/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Employer cannot retaliate for your asserting your rights and having counsel. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”

If I can clarify anything, of course ask me.

if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.