Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Does a supervisor have the right to discuss my matters with…

Customer Question
Does a supervisor have...

Does a supervisor have the right to discuss my matters with other non management employees?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time non union

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/3/2017
Employment Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

What type of matters were discussed?

.

Were they specifically confidential matters, like medical information, that you disclosed in confidence to the supervisor?

.

.

thanks

The situation is I was late coming in, the staff is short right now and I was upset because s
In my opinion she keeps taking on more work than what our department can handle right now. I know I have no right to quest
Ion thar. I mentioned tot her it was causing stress due ti
O the department being short. The whole department is listening and she throws out it doesn't help when
N people call in or are late. I understand I was in the wrong for being late ,but she is always doing this sort of thing in front of all of us. : there awe 12 of us in the department and we are done to 10 because of illness,

Ok, there wouldn't be any duty of confidentiality with that type of thing and if she reprimanded you or brought it out that you came in late.

.

It wasn't very professional, but it wasn't illegal although it is something that should have been handled by any HR dept..

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much

No but thank you.

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time even if the news was kind of lousy...

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Lawyer