Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was just verbally harrased by a stranger with homophobic…

Customer Question
Hello, I was just...

Hello, I was just verbally harrased by a stranger with homophobic terms and sexual hand movements as well threatened. What could I possibly do to file a lawsuite

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida, Miami

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/2/2017
Employment Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

File a lawsuit against who?...the stranger?

.

Were you actually physically assaulted or was this just unpleasant verbal things that were said to you?

.

.

thanks

He called me a dyke.
Said he could beat the f**k out of me.
Said he was going to put his dick in my pussy.
This is not just unpleasant things. And yes I do not know this guy.

Ok, yes that is entirely offensive.. And if you were in fear for your safety, you should have called the police and filed a criminal report for harassment.

.

But unless he was charged with something and convicted, you wouldn't have any legal grounds to sue him if you could find him..

Barrister, Lawyer