Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am a PRN lab tech at a hospital...besides a “do not

Customer Question
I am a PRN...

I am a PRN lab tech at a hospital...besides a “do not rehire” status...are there any other potential issues if I just quit a PRN job...thank you so much...Rich

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

PRN

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No...thank you for your thoughtfulness

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/2/2017
Employment Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

ANSWER: If you're a PRN employee presumably you haven't signed a contract of any kind, committing to any period of time. Therefore, with at will employment you can quit whenever you want. They'd have no basis to sue you under this set of circumstances. I hope I've answered your question. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It doesn't cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars - 5 is definitely appreciated!). If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your questions.

Is there anything else I can answer for you?

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney