Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

This is kind of strange. You probably get a lot of strange…

Customer Question
This is kind of...

This is kind of strange. You probably get a lot of strange questions. I was recently discharged from my job. The discharge letter cited my most recent policy violation that I admitted to but also past policy violations that were never specified. They couldn't be specified. As far as I know, they were never documented. I was never disciplined for said violations. I know what they were but I never saw a single piece of literature to express them.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

It's not traffic. The incident occurred on BNSF Railway Property. I worked for a Contractor to the Railroad.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

As far as I know, the only report was my most recent incident that I was discharged for.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My former employer is a deplorable example of greed and expedience and only cares about safety when shit goes wrong. Does that count?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/2/2017
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information. Can you please tell me what your legal question is? Also, are you in a union and, if so, did you file a grievance? I will be away from my computer for much of the day but will respond as soon as I can after you have posted the requested information.

Tina, Lawyer