Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My son got a wreckss driver my ticket. He went to court

Customer Question
My son got a...

My son got a wreckss driver my ticket. He went to court given restricted license and jail. He then had mental breakdown went out in disability. While on STD he went back to court and judge imposed his jail sentence. Employee found out He is back at work and they want him to provide court records

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes they want him to provide court records prior to investigatory meeting

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/1/2017
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Facts. Son gets wrecked driving ticket. Tells supervisor . Court date moved out. Once he goes to court judge gives restricted license and 20 day weekend jail. Son has depression issues and goes out of work on disability. While out returns to court and judge says you can get a lawyer but probably won’t help. So he goes to jail. While in jail and short term disability , employer finds out he is in jail. He returned to work today and supervisor wants him to go to courts and provide court records to company. Should he hand those over? He was on approved disability. Isn’t that giving information not neeed ?

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Facts. Son gets wrecked driving ticket. Tells supervisor . Court date moved out. Once he goes to court judge gives restricted license and 20 day weekend jail. Son has depression issues and goes out of work on disability. While out returns to court and judge says you can get a lawyer but probably won’t help. So he goes to jail. While in jail and short term disability , employer finds out he is in jail. He returned to work today and supervisor wants him to go to courts and provide court records to company.

Response 1: That is invasion of his privacy. The Court records have nothing to do with his disability.

Should he hand those over?

Response 2: No.

He was on approved disability. Isn’t that giving information not neeed ?

Response 3: Yes, that is correct. See my first response.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.