Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I provided my boss with a letter from my doctor stating that…

Customer Question
I provided my boss...

I provided my boss with a letter from my doctor stating that I am not suppossed to move furniture and heavy items ... I also gave them a RX for a egornamic chair

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

The HR came in and sat with me

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

And told me they would not buy me a chair and ways I could accomodate then the next day ... my boss came and sat at my desk to show me how to complete something on the computer system the bigger boss was standing in the doorway of my office my client was sitting accross from my desk I slightly lifted a ligth chair about one inch off the floor and moved it about two inches closer to the desk so I could sit behind my immediate boss and see the computer screen then my bigger boss raises her arm points her finger and says "You see that Mr. WIlliams you need to write her up ... Ms Hall (HR lady) told her she is not to be lifting anything that was done in front of my client and I was never directly told that I was not to lift anything at my job

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

At least I understood I could make reasonable accomodations

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

You took the right step and employer needed to reasonably accomodate you especially where no reason it cannot. The failure to accomodate and any retaliation for asking would be illegal.

Kindly let me know if that is clear and acceptable.

I work in Texas and it is at will employment ... I carry a license as an LCDC ... I have clients whose information is confidential just as mine should be ... The company ordered me a chair and it was there yesterday afternoon.

There is always risk of retaliation so you need to decide if its worth the risk or if you want to let it go at this point.

My question is about my confidentiality about my ADA accommodation and being asked to sign a write up ... behind something I was not directly told by my employer about my accommodation .. especially with no room for my rebuttal ... in front of a client
I'm not letting it go!Its not right and if I lose my job behind it I will definitely file a lawsuit!

You can refuse to sign as it is without legal basis.

You can proceed with a claim for discrimination, retaliation and lack of accomodation if they persist.

Kindly let me know if my replies are acceptable by responding "yes"

awaiting your reply, thanks.

Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!
Infolawyer, Lawyer