Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

IF AN EMPLOYEE WHOIS SUPPOSED TO WORL 40 HOURS AWEEKWKONLY…

Customer Question
IF AN EMPLOYEE WHOIS SUPPOSED...
IF AN EMPLOYEE WHOIS SUPPOSED TO WORL 40 HOURS AWEEKWKONLY WORK S 30 HOURS AND IS NOT PAID FOR THE HOURS THAT SHE DID NOIT WORK IXS SHE ENTITLED TO VACATION AND HOLIDAT PAY?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2017
Employment Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

There is nothing in the law that creates an entitlement to vacation or holiday pay. This is entirely up to the employer. If the employer doesn't have a policy of paying out that time, they don't have to do it. If they have a policy of paying out vacation only when it is applied for, and it wasn't specifically applied for, they can refuse to pay it.

If you have any further questions or other facts that you would like me to consider, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.

Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer