Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was a draw appraiser at Cushman & Wakefield, they claim I…

Customer Question
I was a draw...

I was a draw appraiser at Cushman & Wakefield, they claim I owe them 29,000 dollars from my termination letter. Do I have to repay it?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

I have not signed anything, but they have reduced the charge and our trying to get me to pay back the draw amount

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/1/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
What is the basis for their demand? Overpayment, signing bonus or something else?
Draws are not returnable unless you agreed in advance to repay. Normally considered an unreimbursable wage.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!
Infolawyer, Lawyer