Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I WAS ASKED AT WORK IF BY TWO SUPERVISORS. MARYLAND. Not at…

Customer Question
I WAS ASKED AT...

I WAS ASKED AT WORK IF I AM GAY BY TWO SUPERVISORS.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

MARYLAND

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Not at Will and yes union, full time

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/30/2017
Employment Lawyer: John, Employment Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John, Employment Lawyer

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. Please note that the website may ask you if you desire premium services, such as a phone call. I do not control these prompts, and you are not under any obligation to order premium services to get a full answer from me. If you do desire premium services, however, feel free to select that option. I will have an answer for you shortly, unless I require additional information. Please be patient while I may have to research some matters before providing a response. In the meantime you should save the url link or bookmark this webpage in case you become disconnected and need to return to this page at a later time.

This appears to be a textbook case of sexual stereotyping harassment, which is actionable under both state and federal law. To make a claim here you will first have to make a claim with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The EEOC would investigate the workplace at no charge to you and make a determination of whether harassment occurred. If the EEOC finds harassment, they attempt to work out a resolution or, if a resolution cannot be reached, they'll either sue the employer or allow you to sue them in federal court. Lastly, your employer cannot legally discipline or discharge you for filing with the EEOC. If this sounds like something you're interested in, you can learn how and where to file a charge with them https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/howtofile.cfm

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation - simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers (even though the website already charged you, it does not credit me with the answer unless and until you indicate you are satisfied with the answer). If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. If you do not rate the answer positively, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.