Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am a veteran and going to school at a private liberal arts…

Customer Question
I am a veteran...

I am a veteran and going to school at a private liberal arts college. Is there a law that states that they are required to allow me to go to my VA appointments?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

It is in Atchison, Kansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. During finals last year I had some appointments that were made for me by the VA months in advance. When I brought it up to my Professor he did make accommodations but he sent me a nasty email and said that they wouldn't make any more accommodations in the future.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only that I am not looking at filing anything I just want to have something in writing that I can stand on when I start to go to the superiors, if there is such thing.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/30/2017
Employment Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Can you tell me, are you on a 504 plan (did you go to the school and request they provide you a reasonable accommodation to your disability)?

I am on a 504 plan. I sign a document at the beginning of every semester that has the accommodations that I need on it, and then it is sent via email to all of of my professors for that semester, even if I have had them for a class in a previous semester.

THanks
ANd is this on the plan? This, is this accommodation listed on the plan?