Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I wish to report a case of misconduct by a Dragon Con

Customer Question
I wish to report...

I wish to report a case of sexual misconduct by a Dragon Con volunteer at this years convention, Labor Day weekend in Atlanta, Ga. I was in a room full of men and women of all ages, volunteers and guest. A long time volunteer in a leadership position was loudly making sexually degrading abusive comments about a woman. He continued his verbal sexual abuse with no regard for the women in the room. Men and women stopped their conversations and registered shock. I contacted the DC board Oct 27th. No response until my 2nd attempt. Nov 9th I was called by a female board member. A long detailed conversation which I recorded. She stated they would investigate. As of today Nov 29th nothing other than conformation of the predators identity(Nov 17th), they have been collecting reports. This board member was excited to text me Nov 29th they would have a “final resolution” soon. 4+ weeks- no public or in house announcement. I doubt any action will be taken.
No woman should have to be exposed to and be required to work for a man in a leadership position whose blatant sexual misconduct has been known and allowed by management. Please expose this deliberate cover up. I confirmed his long standing abrasive, abusive language with other volunteers. I suspect this is not the 1st complaint to be ignored. Please investigate and don’t allow Dragon Con management to allow anyone working for them -employee or volunteer to be publicly degraded, marginalized and embarrassed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Atlanta is in GA

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Volunteer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No , I think this enough to get started

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/30/2017
Employment Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

this does not concern employment law!!!

It does...but this is not a law enforcement agency...we provide answers to questions...did you have a question?

I want my money back. This was a bait and switch. Rip off. Non helpful

Not sure why you are claiming "bait and switch"...if you have questions, I or other expert here can answer them...but if you want a refund, you can contact customer service and they can assist